Friday, January 21, 2011

Hairbow Display/Storage



Well I made one of this for my girls and it was so easy to make that I thought why not make it into a tutorial?! here we go.... you will need



*One piece of wood (which ever size or shape you want)



*Acrilic paint & brush



*Ribbon (I recommend you use grossgrain)



*Hot glue (and of course a H.G.gun)



*D-Strap frame hangers (I got 10pk for $1.97 @ walmart, I highly recommend you getting some for this project but they are not a must)




First you start by painting your wood. Sometimes you might need a second coat but you'll be the judge on that


Next you get your letters ready. You have to paint them before you start this step and let them dry. Letters are not a must, you can use almost anything that you can glue to wood or even better get creative and hand paint something beautiful.





Next I cut my strips of ribbon, mine are about 12in long and heat their ends so they wont frey **be careful not to burn your fingers**


This is how my ribbon tips look after burning them



Now this next steps are not necessary but I like doing them. Glue and fold over.


Again glue and fold over.


This will be the tips of your ribbon at the botton of the project.


Now at the opposite end of the ribbon you will glue on the right side of the ribbon and glue to the back of your wood **remenber that the right side of your ribbon should be facing the front of the project**.
You will repeat this and the previous step on all your strips of ribbons, I had three on this particular project.


Now do the last step on the top piece of ribbon that will be use to hang the project. If you decide to use the D-Strap frame hangers this would be the time to nail them to the back of the wood. I didnt use them just because I was lazy...


I hope this tutorial is useful to someone. If you like it, love it or have questions please leave me a comment and I'll get back to you, but please tell me what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment